Whether you want to hold a seminar, a small workshop, webinar or a large event such as PROSPER, there isn’t much difference in these steps!! Hope these will help you hold your own successful event — after all, speaking at events is one of the best ways to market your services!!!
- START EARLY
Planning and pulling together sponsors requires TIME!!
- setting dates (4-6 months prior)
- reserve space
- connect with sponsors (2 months prior)
- solidify sponsors (6 weeks prior)
- purchase tickets, gifts, etc.
- FOLLOW UP before the event
It’s true — there’s a lot of communication that happens between you & the sponsors. It’s constant and has to be consistent! Don’t be afraid to use the phone, texting, etc. as it often takes several different kinds of touch points!
Typically you will want to use 2-3 types of marketing for an event. Also, it’s important to note that the frequency of the marketing needs to increase as the date approaches.
- social media 2 months in advance (once a day)
- social media month prior (2-3 times per day)
- networking (as often as possible month prior)
- email with former attendees
- post cards to mail & hand out
- CONTENT (Preparation, Practising & Coaching)
Pulling together content, preparing powerpoint, organizing activities and getting the necessary coaching for improved delivery takes more time than you think. Now that I have a standardized format and an agenda, things are much easier. But practise, practise & practise is essential. It’s never too early to start!
One of the most important things to remember is to immediately after your event, ask for feedback from attendees, sponsors and your coach. A feedback survey which is handed out to attendees right at the event provides valuable instant information. Then follow-up with telephone calls for further feedback from sponsors. It’s the feedback that gives you ideas how to improve each subsequent event!
Now — when will you hold you own event??? Pick a date – mark it on the calendar – and then share that date with someone!